Wednesday 14 January 2015


ANTHEIA

the Goddess of Gardens, Blossoms, the
Budding Earth,and Human Love.



         “Antheia was one of the Charites, or Graces, of Greek mythology and ‘was the Goddess of flowers and flowery wreaths worn at festivals and parties.’ Her name is derived from the Ancient Greek word anthos, meaning flower, and She was depicted on vases as an attendant of Aphrodite with other Charites. She was known to the Romans as Anthea. Her center of worship was on the island of Crete.

             Antheia is very quiet to others except for nature-dealing and Iris. She has a shy approach when it comes to anyone else, she is often misunderstood as a helpless and gentle being who doesn't know how to defend herself, but Iris knows better, she is actually a defensive and active friend who is extremely loyal and loving to help anyone in need. She always keeps her promises, and she is always very smiley. Antheia is a loyal, kindhearted goddess with a softer side as well.

                Antheia is described to have straight brown hair. Most of the time, she wears wreaths made out of flowers, ferns and small plants she makes herself.  Described by a lot of people, Antheia's green thumb is a close second to Persephone, as Antheia can make flowers and ferns grow. She can craft flowery wreaths using anything. Like Aphrodite, she has trouble sorting out her personal love life, however she is the goddess of mortal love as well. However, she also is good with matching up couples.
      
             Most girls loves flowers like Antheia and I am one of them. There is something about flowers that I couldn't point out that makes me happy. I guess it is because of its color, fragrance and beauty. They are so unique and lovely. 

             One of Antheia's personality is being shy and quiet with other people. When I'm in a group people that I just met I am usually shy and very quiet. It would take some time for me to adjust to get along with people that I just met. When I am with my friends I am very talkative and full of energy. I love to goof around with the people I am comfortable with. My friends and my family are very important to me. I am very thankful and blessed to have them. I am very supportive to them. I am always there of them when they need any help or some support. 

              Antheia gets bullied a lot by other gods and goddesses for they see her as a weak person.  People often underestimate me for being weak and helpless. They would judge me based only on what they've heard or based on what they can only see. I know I am not what they think of me. I don't let other people ruin my happiness and I don't let their words put me down. I believe that I am strong because I have God who always got my back and i have my family and friends. 







1 comment: